Thursday, September 28, 2017

Definitely in the groove

The past week I have immersed myself in a plethora of fabulous paint ,ink and arty, scrappy fun. I even pushed the boundaries and tried my hand at two challenges. I have not had a crack at a scrappy challenge in such a long time... must say that holidays agrees with me and it has been extremely productive.

The first challenge 

This challenge was from the Scrap the Girls blog. You needed to create a girly layout using the sketch provided... STG September challenge . 

I have used Ceramacoat paint, gelliplate, muslin, bling, stitching, Liquitex modelling paste, Prills, stencils, bling, washi tape, Flutterby designs flair,  Kaisercraft printed paper, Cocoa Vanilla word beautiflul & timber hearts.


Be your own kind of Beautiful 


The second challenge 

This challenge was over at  Scrap the Boys blog. This month the challenge is to create a layout of  Dads, grandfathers or father figures in celebration of Father's Day.

I have used Dina Wakley heavy body paint, Stampers Anonymous & Kaisercraft stamps, Ranger ink, stitching, printed  papers, flair, timber hand, D-lish enamel dots, Cocoa Vanilla embellishments



Fit for a King


I loved having a go at both challenges. I found them to be a great way to dust off the supplies and getting my hands dirty over this set of holidays. ... I truly have too much stuff and now its time to clean up for the next crafty challenge I set for myself. 



thought for today...

Set goals that scare you and excite you all at the same time.

---thinkgrowprosper


8 comments:

Sandra said...

Tracey it is great to see you joining in on some challenges. Your work is wonderful, and it would be great to see more of it. I love your take on the sketch, so beautiful. Thanks for joining us at STG.

Fiona said...

Fantastic layouts, both awesome. Love the colours and background on your Scrap the Boys entry, thanks for playing along!

Unknown said...

Fabulous Tracey. I am in love with the orange elements. Thanks for playing along at Scrap the Boys.

Sue Plumb said...

Hooray for getting back in the saddle and joining in on some challenges! Both fabulous layouts. I love your interpretation of the sketch for StG with all it's delicious, delicate, painty layers. And your take on the StB challenge with the bold orange pops rocks too. Thanks for taking the time to play along with both of them! XX

Rachel said...

Love this layout, perfectly balanced and such a great take on our sketch for Fathers Day! We do hope you will join us again.

Krisy said...

Welcome back! And both layouts are awesome!

Kareen Dion said...

Beautiful!!! Thanks for joining us at Scrap the Girls!

Tambaramba said...

Love your Scrap the Girls layout - a very modern funky feel.